Start date: Immediately
SunFunder is a solar finance business driving a global energy transformation to solve energy access and climate change. Since 2012, we have unlocked $40 million, impacted 2.7 million people in 12 countries while maintaining a default rate under 1%.
SunFunder specialises in financing solar assets through scalable inventory, working capital and structured finance loans. We’re growing and looking to recruit talented analysts and data modellers to help build our capabilities for the future.
Credit Analysis plays a key role in every deal SunFunder makes. The goal of an analyst is to understand a company’s business in minute detail, identifying and seeking to evidence the possible opportunities and risks facing that company. Drawing from both their own experence and SunFunder’s deep sectoral knowledge-base, they will develop a thorough understanding of the potential for the business, which they will express internally both through their excellent written communication skills, and by developing simple but powerful models through which fundamental business KPIs can be identified and used to track that business’ performance, and to predict future cashflow.
Working alongside the lending team, you will ensure that all relevant information is considered and to ensure that we achieve the best deals, appropriate to the circumstances of our customers, and attain and maintain a deep understanding of the sector and geographies in which we operate.
We are looking for keen, intellectually-curious, and highly detail-oriented minds; a strong foundation in credit analysis and the experience of applying these skills to any business can provide a strong basis for any professional who aspires to other financial or directorship roles in in the future, and so this role may be of particular interest to either future leaders who are starting out their careers, or experienced analysts who are seeking to apply their skill set to the challenging but important and growing energy access sector.
You will already have a strong modelling skills in Excel or similar tools, and may also have some existing financial or accounting experience which you may seek to develop further. Your communication skills will allow you to express yourself clearly in writing in English, and you will be comfortable speaking with senior management both within SunFunder and on detail-driven calls with our customers in order to understand their businesses which you will use to create a thorough document of your findings.
We will provide relevant training and an environment where your skills will be allowed to flourish, together with offering a “small team” environment and mindset which will allow your role and responsibilities to develop quickly according to your proficiencies and personal goals.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Excellent modelling work and experience, particularly in Excel;
- Excellent written English;
- Excellent mathematical skills;
- Strong attention to both detail and precision which mean you have already noticed at least two typos in the text you have read above;
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to work well with people from different countries and cultures and amenability to working with different time zones in an efficient manner;
- A good sense of humour, willingness to challenge entrenched views, and an ability to thrive and be resilient in a rapidly changing environment;
- A strong commitment to the social, environmental and economic impact we can achieve through innovative finance;
- Other qualities that are important to us include: independence, organisation, a strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and a low-ego.
Compensation will be based upon your experience and skills. We offer generous benefits, a unique work culture that strongly encourages a healthy life-work balance, and an opportunity to work with a fun, passionate and talented team.
Please send an email with the title “Credit Analyst” to: email@example.com. Please include all of the following items:
1) Your resume
2) 3 references
3) Describe why you are the best person for the job (MAX: 200 words)
4) A list of any typos you have identified in this job specification
5) [Optional] If you have any existing models (financial or otherwise) which you have previously created, to which you have ownership of the data to share, and which you feel provide an insight into your abilities, this will be viewed very favourably. Please briefly outline the problem you are solving as a separate sheet or document, and any other relevant circumstances which you feel will help us understand your submission better. We will assess submissions according to the clarity of information presented, technical aptitude and appropriateness of your solution. (MAX: two files; 1MB total; NO MACROS WILL BE ACCEPTED)